Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mom and facebook update

so a while ago i did a post on my mom joining facebook and immediately posting and tagging a photo of me in the bathtub.

She uses it way more than I do and I halfway think it's really cute that she's having fun on the internet, and then I'm halfway totally confused that all these adults are going apeshit over facebook and spending a lot of time on it. Aren't you guys all getting less work done?

This has also made me spend more time on fb, which I don't really know how to feel about...I feel like a few months ago I was like "I don't know how to use the new facebook...it's so complicated looking and I don't want to spend time learning to navigate it" and now the generation that just a few years ago was all joking like "I don't even know how to turn that thing on!" and now like, my mom (who has always been excellent at computers in her defense) is suggesting that I friend my great aunt Lillian on a social networking site that you originally had to have a college email address to sign up for! I remember when my school "didn't have" facebook!

I'm not complaining or anything, it's just kind of surreal to see people freak out over something that seemed like it already had it's set purpose and didn't really seem like it was going to take off for a FEW entire other demographics.

This whole thing makes me feel a bit curmudgeonly. So much so that I actually forgot that the whole reason I wanted to make this post was actually to commend my mom for joining the group "Support Michael Phelps" even though she has never touched grass in her life. Very cool mom, she knows that 23 year old boys make mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, please leave your name at least so we all don't get creeped out.

Let's face it-- the internet's a big, weird place to hang out-- you could potentially go from clever to creepy in an instant by choosing to go anonymous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...