Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fuckin A.


So while I was in the Hospital in Austin, they kept telling me that hit and runs to cyclists are really common in Austin. Then I read on this blog entry that they have all these white bicycles chained to trees as memorials of cyclists that were KILLED by cars.

I guess I got out lucky. I guess I should have looked at this site too.
Here is more info on the so called "Ghost Bikes"--- they are all around the world to mark cyclist's last rides.


I guess on a hugely related note, DKNY borrowed the concept of ghost bikes for a campaign and it looks like it didn't go too well...READ MORE

So...not to be totally morbid or anything but also to be totally morbid...what kind of bike would you want your friends to leave as a ghost bike for you, and if you don't want to have a bike go unridden like that, then what would you have them do with it?

1 comment:

  1. I believe there was one of those chained outside the Hi-Pointe one time while I was working there.

    ReplyDelete

If you comment, please leave your name at least so we all don't get creeped out.

Let's face it-- the internet's a big, weird place to hang out-- you could potentially go from clever to creepy in an instant by choosing to go anonymous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...