Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FUCKING HIPPIES

AH AH! there is a documentary on the History channel that is called HIPPIES. I watched this with Michael a few years ago and not only does it have awesome footage, it also takes the point of view that the Hippies on the Haight ruined everything (namely the educated black man in economically depressed areas) by bringing drugs and the demand for them to the ghetto which was movin on up till the hippies ruined it with their stupid drug money and runaway kids that came to SF thinking that it was going to be warm and they wore no shoes and got hooked on drugs...

They also talk about why communes are a bad idea (underestimating how complicated the simple life could be and why you shouldn't give your 5 year old acid) and and the "groovy murders" (not Charlie Manson but they do mention him) and all sorts of other good stuff. They treat it like history. It happened. It ended for a reason, here are the reasons hippies failed. It's a really good TV documentary.

I hope everyone gets to see this at some point in time. They don't really have anything on their website about it.

But for a second I think I will join in and seriously I promise this is the only time I will ever ever do something like this and maybe it's kind of funny and embarrassing (?) you don't even have to click this link and I can't even watch the whole thing but I will reluctantly admit that I like this song and this video is kind of funny but not that funny. I feel weird about myself now. When I started liking that song I thought it was Tom Petty that was singing it.

sigh. the mc5 will fix everything:

PHEW! that was close!

Since I'm feeling so revealing/ashamed, this might be a good time to mention that one of my favorite songs ever ever is sung by Charles Manson...did you know he made music? Neil Young thought he was gonna be HUGE! listen:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, please leave your name at least so we all don't get creeped out.

Let's face it-- the internet's a big, weird place to hang out-- you could potentially go from clever to creepy in an instant by choosing to go anonymous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...