Monday, March 2, 2009

Will feed for SAT words.

I spent a lot of time yesterday on this website called freerice.com that claims it will donate 10 grains of rice to end world hunger (where? how? whatever, it's a game) for every right answer you get to these multiple choice questions on definitions of words you probably will only ever see if you 1) hang out with scholarly types who have something to prove or 2) you are preparing to take the SAT or ACT standardized tests.

I figured that it wouldn't hurt to google the words and whatever it's not cheating when you're actually learning something, dudes. So anyways, I ended up spending like a whole hour doing this, and my best "level" was 53 or something. I don't know what that means either, but it might make me a wizard. There were some repeats but I highly recommend it for an afternoon of casual big-word learning. I'm going to send it to my 14 year old nephew who attends genius school at Davidson Academy at University of Nevada, Reno

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, please leave your name at least so we all don't get creeped out.

Let's face it-- the internet's a big, weird place to hang out-- you could potentially go from clever to creepy in an instant by choosing to go anonymous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...