Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mary Jane Girls.



I've been meaning to do a post about them for a while. I went to this record store when I was about 15 or 16 with my friend and neighbor Ivy that was across from this bowling place called Kona Lanes that got torn down a few years back...on our visit there we started talking to the guy that worked at the store and Ivy mentioned something about liking Rick James (this was before that whole Dave Chapelle skit that blew the fuggin lid off the charts) and how we liked that he would wear thigh high vinyl boots over leather pants, and he proceeded to show us the Mary Jane Girls, who were a puppet project of Rick James and even dressed like him and wore their hair like him and everything. We were sold. Here's the video to their hit song:



I kinda want beads in my bangs for a day or two. Just look at those outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, please leave your name at least so we all don't get creeped out.

Let's face it-- the internet's a big, weird place to hang out-- you could potentially go from clever to creepy in an instant by choosing to go anonymous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...