Monday, January 24, 2011

Afternath of "HEAD OVER HEELS" at Los Caminos on Cherokee this past Saturday

I missed the opening because I was at a very important birthday party turned problem solve keys lost whatever, but I stopped by the gallery space/cole's apartment the next morning with Cole and Marie and saw the aftermath, which reminded me of that movie Mad Love where Drew Barrymore and that guy who played Robin in Batman & Robin (the one where Alicia Silverstone is Batgirl) are so in crazy love that they take a road trip where they're having a blast running away from life until shit gets real and dude walks in on a crazed unmedicated Drew Barrymore taping countless numbers of pairs of eyes cut out from magazines onto all the walls and it's game over for their Bonnie and Clyde/Pierrot le Fou style getaway.

The funny thing is, all of these pictures on the confetti strewn floor are printed with pink, purple, and orange hues of Drew Barrymore's face. I heard that the night before's soundtrack was an on repeat Tears For Fears song "Head over heels", which I think is great, but I am still secretly wishing that Abba's song of the same name would play a part as well. Either way, hats off to Maggie and Amelia for pulling this thing off. Can't wait to see what Francesca and Cole can put together for their apartment gallery next!

1 comment:

  1. I was there for a little while and I am pretty sure that "Head Over Heels" was NOT on repeat. I couldn't make out what music was being played but I am confident I'd have recognized Tears For Fears over and over if that'd been playing (and what about the Go-Go's song of the same name?).

    ReplyDelete

If you comment, please leave your name at least so we all don't get creeped out.

Let's face it-- the internet's a big, weird place to hang out-- you could potentially go from clever to creepy in an instant by choosing to go anonymous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...