Monday, April 18, 2011

Leftover cat costume makeup I woke up with

You know it was a good full moon fiasco ride with the FBC when I wake up a little after 10 all by myself in a pile of crumbs of pepper jack cheez-its with cat whiskers from last night's costume smeared on my face. Liz and I were only planning on staying on the portion where we went up in the Compton Hill Water Tower and see how we felt from there, and we definitely were feeling up for dancing to sweet old songs DJ Trashley Vulture was spinning and I knew all the words to most of the songs, so it was extra fun. Even after I'd sat down for a rest, I had to get up and dance along to Ben Smith leading a bunch of boys kind of slow drag moshing (actually that doesn't seem like the best description...it's more like this jellyfish like sea creature that connects to make a bigger organism made up of small parts that flits and floats on the surface of the ocean, picking up others just like it along the way to join the chain and float together...I forget exactly what it's called, but it was more like that) come on the dance floor and enjoy "Here Comes The Summer" by The Undertones and then "Halloween" by The Misfits, both of which I definitely listened to a lot in my car on my first iPod while driving my brother and myself to summer school in The Newport-Mesa Unified School District. This is only notable because we went to two different high schools, but the summer was always fun because we'd get to go to school together in my marlin blue new beetle and drive with no parents and listen to what WE wanted to listen to, which was mostly The Misfits, really loud, in the sunshine. Here comes the summer, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, please leave your name at least so we all don't get creeped out.

Let's face it-- the internet's a big, weird place to hang out-- you could potentially go from clever to creepy in an instant by choosing to go anonymous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...