Monday, June 20, 2011

This kid totally reminds me of this picture of lip syncing in my parents' Reno kitchen with dramatic poses

Speaking of which, I've just transferred my sixth grade lip sync performance to "Hey Mickey" to a digital file and will be posting that very SOON. Thanks to Fran who first alerted me of this kid's vogue video as well as the very correct assumption that I too was like this little boy. Pic below: I'm on the left, Katie C on the right...I think this was the only thing I could rustle up that was both matching and plain enough for KC to brave. We made up LOTS of dances, commercials in mirrors, all sorts of shenanigans I wish I'd filmed. We also snuck out of houses for midnight walks, begged parents until they'd let us sleep over on school nights, held secret clubs in storage closets, lit stuff on fire in the garage, played spin the bottle with boys that refused to kiss me, and all sorts of other stuff.

ME AT NINE, PERFORMING TO MADONNA IN SUMMER '91! from Robert Jeffrey on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, we never did get that video to you. How can we do that?

    ReplyDelete

If you comment, please leave your name at least so we all don't get creeped out.

Let's face it-- the internet's a big, weird place to hang out-- you could potentially go from clever to creepy in an instant by choosing to go anonymous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...