Friday, July 29, 2011

Coco and Mariah and a sweet mini Parrot in Vegas

Ok between these adorable pictures (taken by a guy called Gabe Ginsberg) and the hello kitty cake pops, I was even more jealous for not being with them than when Mariah was texting me "wish you were here with us for coco's bday party in Vegas" etc. I love their bows and they look like they had so much fun. Colette looks like a cupcake in that dress and I miss hearing her giggle. She is hilarious. Naughty comedic genius, even. Mariah said there's not really anyone better to take you to Vegas than Coco (who is essentially her sister in law) because those in the adult industry get hosted like royalty and everything is free because that kind of celebrity is really appreciated in the city of sin! I just want a chance to live out the kind of Vegas experience described in comedian Nick Swardson's joke about Losing $300 on high fives from a spider monkey in a sequined vest and sequins top hat in Vegas, except the losing $300 part. When you hear stuff like that, the "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" campaign really makes sense to everyone but your accountant/banker/bookkeeper, amiright?

I still haven't posted my pictures from when Mariah and I got super dolled up when Coco took Mariah and me and her parents and her brother (Mariah's longtime love Bobby) and a few other friends out to a bizarre black tie Beverly Hills VIP red carpet club party hosted by a crew of adult film industry girls running around in lingerie (there was a lingerie fashion show they were all in, so they shed their formalwear and kept it off like hot messes) drunk on bottle service champagne for new years' eve, but there really is no good way to bring that kind of thing up without knowing how to explain what your friend's sister does for a living to your mom and friends' moms that read my blog regularly, so you can imagine my hesitation! But now that I told my mom not to google coco if her safe search is turned off (or really at all!) and that we (namely Bobby and Mariah in this case, as a couple and friends that I love and value very much) can't control who our family members are, we just have to love them for who they choose to be, and to operate on a kind of "don't ask, don't tell because you don't wanna know and definitely don't google it, my dear tech savvy mother" kind of policy when it comes to trying to understand why my sweet hardworking friend who helped her clean out the garage would hang out with someone with XXX in their job title, or why I might be accepting of it, I think it might be fun to finally share my new years pictures with all of you 8 months later. It kind of reminded me of my mom keeping her cool when I was a kid in Reno and while grabbing the mail one day, we ran into our next door neighbor who told us about her grown kids, aged 18, 22, and 24, and that the 22 year old was a "dancer", to which my mom excitedly asked something like, "oh what style? Ballet?" and to her surprise the neighbor answered, "Exotic." and I sort of just remember both moms nodding and mine going "oh." while most likely thinking, "well I guess we really did move to Reno", didn't we?" All I can say is good thing she didn't say, "oh how exciting, we'd love to go see her perform, Heather loves watching dance recitals and performances!" because THAT might've gotten awkward.

So, without further delay, there's the party I wish I got to go to, and tomorrow I'll post the pictures of the party Mariah and I got so made up to go to that we apparently made some of Coco's "colleagues" (aka the scantily clad hot messes) at the party jealous and curious as to who the pink and blue haired amazons in pretty dresses were, and why did SHE get an entourage of mystery girls? If only I had copies of all the pictures that strangers asked to take with me--but I guess I could say the same about the outfit I wore when I roller-skated to this year's STL gay pride parade! More pictures I've put off on posting, but I promise I'll find the time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, please leave your name at least so we all don't get creeped out.

Let's face it-- the internet's a big, weird place to hang out-- you could potentially go from clever to creepy in an instant by choosing to go anonymous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...